Watershape University CON 3731: Crack Prevention
- Room: On Demand: Technical
Tuesday,January 26, 2021:10:00 AM -11:00 AM
/ CEU Credits:1
This program reveals the causes of pool shell cracking and strategies for prevention and remediation, including answers to basic questions such as how concrete cracks, why it cracks, and the ways that cracking is driven by mix design and placement procedures.
• List and identify the types of cracks common to concrete watershape pool structures including, plastic shrinkage, thermal and autogenous cracks.
• Examine the causes of pool shell cracks.
• Discuss prevention techniques such as mix design and placement procedures.
• Discuss ways to remediate surfaces having common cracking.