Business School for Pool Pros
Nothing beats business classes specifically designed to address the challenges you are facing every day. Each business class offered at our Show features content specific to the pool and spa industry. No generalities. No B.S. Just actionable info you can use immediately to get results for your company. Our business sessions will help you stay on top of the latest trends and tools for marketing, managing your employees, keeping track of finances, and the all-important – closing more sales.
Click here to view all the classes offered as part of the Business Pass
Seats are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Every purchase of an education course or pass includes free access to the Show Floor!
We are offering in-depth business courses on Monday, January 23. Separate fees apply
NEW for 2023! Pool Inspections and the Real Estate Market: New Opportunities
Monday, January 23 | 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
Members: $195 | Non-Members: $265
The swimming pool boom has created a growing demand for knowledgeable pool inspectors for real estate transactions. Learn what it takes to transition into this expanding market and build a pool inspection business.
Pool inspection as a standalone service has been around for a long time but has only recently become mainstream. A swimming pool often is the most expensive feature of a home. If it is not correctly inspected during a home sale, it could result in expensive repairs for the new homeowner.
This course will cover:
- The Purpose Of The Swimming Pool Inspection For Real Estate Transition
- Inspection Details: required qualifications, the scope of an inspection, and how to report your findings.
- Tools of the Trade: what equipment and tools you'll need to succeed
- Challenges You Will Face: seasons/weather, clients, and other professionals.
As homeowners and realtors are more educated about the value of a dedicated swimming pool inspection, you could be the perfect fit for this business opportunity.
NEW Full Day Workshop!
Women in the Industry: Staying Afloat Together
Monday, January 22 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Members: $195 | Non-Members: $245
We've listened! This year we've expanded our workshop to include more networking, learning, and fun. This session will include a working lunch.
This workshop is a collaborative look at strategies and methods to keep yourself above water in the pool and spa industry. Facilitated by a leadership expert, Anne Obarski, you'll learn directly from women who work in all aspects of this industry how they've dealt with professional challenges and the lessons they've learned along the way.
This year's expanded workshop will include leadership training and industry learning focused on preparing you for the 2023 season and beyond. The workshop will be limited in size to give you the best opportunities to connect with other participants, have one-on-one interaction with instructors, and ensure everyone has an opportunity to ask questions and learn. Click here for the full schedule and more details
NEW for 2023! Training for New Trainers
Monday, January 23 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Members: $245 | Non-Members: $295
Effective training of new (and existing employees) is critical to your company's success. Small and mid-size businesses often rely on trusted employees to fill the role of staff trainer. Make sure they have the skills to be successful in this crucial position.
Whether training the team on technical topics or company policies, this course will help new trainers translate complex topics into easy-to-understand lessons that employees will remember.
This workshop will help participants obtain skills to deliver interactive, customized training on technical and professional development topics. This course will cover:
- The principles, practices, and strategies for teaching adults. Gain insights into adult learning styles, environments that enable learning, and techniques to help learners gain & retain information.
- Sharpening your presentations. Learn how to design learner-center games, creative ice-breakers, and classroom energizers. Plus, gain insights on how to make visuals more exciting.
- Organizing and structuring training to meet learning objectives. Review how to identify your course objectives and meet your audience's needs. Explore methods that will maximize participation, generate discussion and propel your lessons forward.
- Capturing the attention of different generations of learners. In most cases, you will speak to an audience of various generations. Learn how to balance their different needs and how to ensure your message reaches them.
What's Next? Creating Certainty in an Uncertain World
presented by Guy Gruenberg
Monday, January 23 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Members: $375 | Non-Members: $475
Predictability is a thing of the past, but thoughtful strategic planning remains the key to a successful future. Creating a roadmap for your business success will give you the tools you need to adapt to a constantly changing marketplace.
Strategic planning doesn't have to be a slow and tedious process. In fact, this fast-paced workshop will reveal a new approach to analyzing your market, your business, and new opportunities. You'll learn how to evaluate your options and make decisions faster based on real facts.
This course was created to address the unique challenges you'll face in the 2023 business environment. Join Business Coach and Pool & Spa Industry Expert Guy Gruenberg for this practical all-day workshop where you'll
- Learn the 5 Step Strategy Process that takes the mystique out of strategic planning
- Understand how a proper plan can result in less reacting and fewer crises for your business
- Gain tactics to grow profits sustainably on your terms
- Learn more about job costing Job Costing and how it ties to your sales plan
- Get tools to help you stop just estimating and get back to selling
- Rethink your perceptions so you can more accurately plan and be prepared to make quick adjustments.